The New York Times bought together a distinguished group of participants for the International Luxury Conference held in Brussels in November 2017.
New York Times fashion director Vanessa Friedman welcomed a diverse guestlist of influencers and stylemakers, including:
- Antoine Arnault, C.E.O., Berluti
- Stella McCartney, Designer, Stella McCartney
- Steve Shiffman, C.E.O., Calvin Klein, Inc.
- Victor Luis, C.E.O., Coach, Inc.
- Jonathan Akeroyd, C.E.O., Versace
- Francesca Bellettini, President and C.E.O., Saint Laurent
- Geoffroy de La Bourdonnaye, C.E.O., Chloé
- Reed Krakoff, Chief Artistic Officer, Tiffany & Company
- Rodrigo Bazan, C.E.O., Thom Browne
- Daniella Vitale, C.E.O., Barneys New York
- Sonu Shivdasani, Founder and C.E.O., Soneva
- William McDonough, Chief Executive, McDonough Innovation, Co-Founder, MBDC, and Co-author of “Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things”
- Julie Wainwright, Founder and C.E.O., The RealReal
- Nathalie Remy, Partner, McKinsey & Company
Against a backdrop of political, economic and technological change unprecedented in the event’s 15-year history, the event explored and assessed the critical challenges and lucrative opportunities facing the luxury industry.
Discussion topics ranged from the influence of geopolitical changes in Europe and the U.S. on the luxury sector, to the branding and communication complexities posed by the ‘fake news’ world; from sharing best practice lessons on marketing across generations X, Y and Z, to the economic imperative of embracing diversity in leadership, branding and the details of products and services; and many others.
The New York Times Company is a global media organisation whose aim is to enhance society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news and information. It is globally renowned for excellence in its journalism, innovation in its print and digital storytelling and its evolving business model.
The next thought-provoking International Luxury Conference will take place in November 2018 in Hong Kong.